- Ecology (BIOL 2804)
- Global Change Ecology (BIOL 4114)
- Ecosystem Dynamics (BIOL 5034)
Research in the Barrett Lab addresses the influences of soils, climate variability, hydrology, and biodiversity on biogeochemical cycling from the scale of microorganisms to regional landscapes. Topics that I am interested in are:
1. Biogeochemical cycling
- Processes that regulate the transformation and transport of carbon, nitrogen and phosphorus across terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems.
- Response of carbon and nitrogen cycling to environmental change
2. Soil ecology
- Environmental controls over spatial distribution of soil biota
- Response of soil biota to climate variability
- Soil community composition and ecosystem functioning
Links to Research Sites
- McMurdo Dry Valleys Long Term Ecological Research Site in Antarctica
- Coweeta Hydrological Laboratory Long Term Ecological Research Site in North Carolina, U.S.