Instructor of Biological Sciences
- Principles of Biological Sciences (BIOL 1105)
- Principles of Biological Sciences (BIOL 1106)
- Cell Function and Differentiation (BIOL 2134)
- Careers in Biological Sciences (BIOL 3814)
Dr. Emori is the faculty advisor for the Biological Sciences Student Ambassadors, and Co-Chair of Undergraduate Communications for Biological Sciences.
- 2020-2022 Faculty Fellow and Scholar, Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) Inclusive Excellence Program, Virginia Tech
- 2017-Present Instructor of Biological Sciences, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Virginia
- 2015 Ph.D., Human Biology and Translational Medicine, Harvard University Division of Medical Sciences, Boston, MA.
- 2009-2010 Fulbright Scholar, University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany.
- 2009 B.S., Biology, Minor in Mathematics, Summa Cum Laude, University of Redlands, Redlands, CA
- 2023 Certificate of Teaching Excellence, College of Science, Virginia Tech
- 2022 Departmental of Biological Sciences Principles of Community Award, Virginia Tech
- 2022 Outstanding Academic Advisor Award Nominee, Virginia Tech
- 2021 Award for Excellence in Career Advising Nominee, Virginia Tech
- 2020 Advisor of the Month Nominee, Virginia Tech
- 2020 Outstanding Remote Teaching, Virginia Tech
- 2019 Department of Biological Sciences Outstanding Teaching Award, Virginia Tech
- 2019, 2021 Favorite Faculty Nominee for Positive Student Impact, Virginia Tech
- 2014 National Institute for Health F31 Graduate Research Fellowship
- 2008 ACS-Research Internships in Science and Engineering Scholar
- 2007 Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship
- Biological Student Ambassadors (coming soon!)