J. E. "Jeb" Barrett
Blacksburg, VA 24061
- Postdoc, Dartmouth College, 1999-2002.
- Ph.D., Ecology, Colorado State University 1999.
- B.S., Natural Resource Ecology, Rutgers University 1994.
- Ecology (BIOL 2804)
- Global Change Ecology (BIOL 4114)
- Ecosystem Dynamics (BIOL 5034)
- Methods in Biogeochemical Analyses (BIOL 5984)
Research in the Barrett lab addresses the influences of soils, climate variability, hydrology and biodiversity on biogeochemical cycling from the scale of microorganisms to regional landscapes. Topics that I am interested in are:
- Transformation and transport of carbon, nitrogen and phosphorus across terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems.
- Controls over spatial distribution of soil biota
- Response of soil biota to climate variability
- Soil community composition and ecosystem functioning
- Carbon sequestration in managed ecosystems