Advanced Instructor and Director of Teaching Laboratories
- Adjunct Instructor, Biological Sciences, Virginia Tech – Fall 2011
- Faculty Member, Southwest Virginia Governor’s School / New River Community College – August 2008 – May 2012
- Adjunct Faculty Member, New River Community College – Fall 2007
- Faculty Member, Pulaski County High School – August 2007 – May 2008
- Doctor of Philosophy in Plant Pathology , Virginia Tech – September 2006 . Dissertation: Population biology of Cryphonectria parasitica infected with Cryphonectria hypovirus 1 on American chestnut trees. Advisor: Gary J. Griffin Ph.D.
- Masters of Science in Plant Pathology, Physiology, and Weed Science , Virginia Tech – May 2002. Thesis: Cultural characteristics, vegetative compatibility, and spatial pattern of white hypovirulent strains of Cryphonectria parasitica on grafted American chestnut trees.
- Bachelor of Science in Biology , James Madison University – May 1997
- 2019 College of Science Certificate of Teaching Excellence
- 2017 Outstanding Advisor Award, VT Biological Sciences
- 2015 Outstanding Teaching Award, VT Biological Sciences