Major Field of Interest
Structural and Biophysical Basis for Virulence Mechanisms in Bacterial Pathogens
Regulation of the type III secretion system and biofilm formation in Pseudomonas aeruginosa; structural studies of chlamydial Inc proteins and their role in host invasion
- 2006-2013: Assistant Professor Department of Biological Sciences, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA
- 2003-2005 NIH/NCI Postdoctoral Fellow, Protein Engineering Section, Macromolecular Crystallography Laboratory (MCL), National Cancer Institute at Frederick, Laboratory of Dr. David S. Waugh
- 2001-2003 Postdoctoral Research Associate, Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, University of Georgia, Athens, GA, Laboratory of Dr. Bi-Cheng Wang
- 2000 PhD., Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, University of Georgia, Athens, GA, Dr. Bi-Cheng Wang, thesis advisor.
- 1994 M.S., Biochemistry, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK., Dr. Dick van der Helm, thesis advisor.
- 1992 B.S. (equivalent), Chemistry, Technische Universität Berlin, Berlin, Germany.
- 2005 Exceptional Stipend Increase from the National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD for exceptional research accomplishments.
- 2000 First Place Award, poster competition, Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, University of Georgia, Athens, GA.