B.S. IN BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES: BIOMEDICAL OPTION
- Checksheet for Students Graduating in 2019
- Checksheet for Students Graduating in 2020
- Checksheet for Students Graduating in 2021
1. Complete the Curriculum for Liberal Education Requirements, Pathways to General Education, Departmental and University GPA requirements, and a minimum total of 120 credits.
2. Make satisfactory progress toward degree requirements.
3. Take BIOL 1004 Biology Orientation Seminar or equivalent.
4. Earn a grade of "C" (2.0) or better in BIOL 1105/1115, BIOL 1106/1116, CHEM 1035, and CHEM 1036 (or equivalents) in a maximum of two attempts.
5. Complete BIOL 2004 Genetics, BIOL 2134 Cell Function Differentiation, BIOL 2704 Evolutionary Biology, and BIOL 2804 Ecology.
6. Complete a minimum of 18-25 credits of Biomedical Electives:
a. Two Basic Biomedical Elective Courses (6 credits)
b. Two Biomedical Systems Electives (6 credits)
c. Two Disease Systems Electives (6-7 credits)
d. Two laboratory courses (0-7 credits)
7. Complete the following courses: CHEM 1045 & 1046 General Chemistry labs, CHEM 2535 & 2545 Organic Chemistry and lab, CHEM 2536 & 2546 Organic Chemistry and lab, PHYS 2205 & 2215 General Physics and lab, and PHYS 2206 & 2216 General Physics and lab.
8. Complete MATH 1025 Calculus with Trig I and MATH 1026 Calculus with Trig II (or acceptable substitutions as listed on our Degree Checksheets).
9. Complete STAT 3615.