- Checksheet for Students Graduating in 2018
- Checksheet for Students Graduating in 2019
- Checksheet for Students Graduating in 2020
- Checksheet for Students Graduating in 2021
To receive a B.S. degree in Biological Sciences*, students must:
1. Complete the Curriculum for Liberal Education Requirements, Pathways to General Education (Freshman entering Fall 2018), Departmental and University GPA requirements, and a minimum total of 120 credits.
2. Make satisfactory progress toward degree requirements.
3. Take BIOL 1004 Biology Orientation Seminar or equivalent.
4. Earn a grade of "C" (2.0) or better in BIOL 1105/1115, BIOL 1106/1116, CHEM 1035, and CHEM 1036 (or equivalents) in a maximum of two attempts.
5. Complete BIOL 2004 Genetics, BIOL 2104 Cell & Molecular Biology, BIOL 2704 Evolutionary Biology, and BIOL 2804 Ecology.
6. Complete a minimum of 22 credits of additional Biological Sciences electives. The 22 hours of electives must include THREE upper-level laboratory courses and must also include at least ONE of the following: BIOL 2304 Plant Biology, BIOL 2504 General Zoology, or BIOL 2604 General Microbiology.
7. Complete the following courses: CHEM 1045 & 1046 General Chemistry labs, CHEM 2535 & 2545 Organic Chemistry and lab, CHEM 2536 & 2546 Organic Chemistry and lab, PHYS 2205 & 2215 General Physics and lab, and PHYS 2206 & 2216 General Physics and lab.
8. Complete MATH 1025 Calculus with Trig I and MATH 1026 Calculus with Trig II (or acceptable substitutions as listed on our Degree Checksheets).
9. Complete STAT 3615.
* The requirements listed are summarized for simplicity. Refer to Check Sheets by year of graduation for details.
Biological Sciences Undergraduate Advising Office
2089 Derring Hall (MC 0406)
926 West Campus Dr.
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Mon. - Fri.
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Current Student Information